- In 1908, his Grand father Nicolas Boukather became a pioneer car importer to the Middle East. He was among the first entrepreneurs ever to imports New motor vehicles from the United States of America to Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq. His early success transferred to his son, Antoine Boukather, who took a daring gamble in 1968 and introduced MAZDA, a then unknown Japanese car brand to a selective Lebanese auto market.
- Now 47 years since the relations with Mazda were initiated, and more than a 100 years since Nicolas Boukather involved the family in the Auto trade business, ANB, with both Anthony and Nicolas Boukather Sons and Grandchildren to the founders, became one of the most dynamic, trusted, and valuable Holdings in Lebanon. The Holding company deals mainly today in Automotive and Real Estate.
- Anthony Boukather, is CEO of A.N.Boukather- Automotive, Exclusive distributor of Mazda, Piaggio, Vespa, Aprilia, Motoguzzi, KTM, Otokar, Bajaj, Shoei, Motorex in Lebanon and Exclusive distributor of KTM in Saudi Arabia.
- Anthony is perhaps best known, together with his twin Brother Nicolas, for orchestrating the remarkable turnaround of the Automotive family business in Lebanon. During his leadership, The company received many trophies including : one of the Fastest Growing company of the Arab world from ARABIA500, Anti-Corruption Winner from The Lebanese Transparency Association, Best Customer Service from Mazda, Best Marketing Award from Piaggio, Excellency Achievement award from KTM.
- When Anthony joined The family business, it had 1 multinational brand, around 20 employees in 1 country. Today, ANB – Automotive represents more than 10 multinational brands, with >150 employees, in 2 countries and is one of the industry's most profitable Auto Distributors.
- The vision of the company is “Enjoying Moving Forward” . It represents the will of the management team to let the customer enjoy daily transportation and let every team member enjoy his career path at ANB.
- The main strength of Anthony is represented by 2 of the values of ANB that is Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- He was the first to develop An automotive Application linked to an ERP for mobile phones for the cars and bike distributors in the Mena Region and many other innovative projects mixing his marketing and IT skills to change the way an automotive distribution functions.
- Anthony is passionate of how family business functions and highly believe in effective corporate governance in family businesses.
Father : Antoine Boukather ( Honorary Chairman of A.N.Boukather, Treasurer of the Automobile Association)
Mother : Arlette Ferneine (CEO of a charitable foundation in charge of elderly people ( Sacre Coeur de Jesus)
Wife: Souraya Bouez (Lawyer)
Kids: Nicolas and Sofia
Anthony Boukather's Education
- INSEAD : 2012 – 2013
- EM LYON: 2004 – 2006
- University of Warwick : 2005 – 2005
- Harvard Business School : 2002 – 2002
- American University of Beirut : 2000 – 2004
- Notre Dame de Jamhour, Beirut, Lebanon : 1990 – 2000
Member of :
- Member of the Board of Directors of OumElNour
- “Lebanese Businessmen Association” (RDCL)
- Family Business Network - Lebanon (Founder)
- Lebanon Transparency Association,
- Young Arab Leaders
- Children Cancer Center
- Motorcycle and cars Association of Lebanon,
- Lebanese-Indian BC
Anthony Boukather's Skills & Expertise
- Automotive Distribution
- Strategy Leadership
- Family Business
- Management Consulting
- Business Planning
- Business Strategy
- New Business Development